Friday, June 3, 2011

The Next Great Book or Rick Riordan Takes Over the World

Where do you go to find new books to read? Here are a few places I recommend you visit this summer.



http://www.cbcbooks.org/news/22




Fifth Grade to Sixth Grade Book of the Year
Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-so-fabulous Life written and illustrated by Rachel Renee Russell 





International Reading Association
Children's Choice Reading List

A few of my favorite books picked by 5th and 6th graders in 2011:






The Sons of Liberty by Alexander and Joseph Lagos. Illustrated by Steve Walker and Oren Kramek.




The popularity papers : research for the social improvement and general betterment of Lydia Goldblatt & Julie Graham-Chang by Amy Ignatow

.


The Dreamer by Pam Munoz Ryan. Illustrated by Peter Sis

31 Ways to Change the World : We Are What We Do ideas contributed by 4386 children.






I like to keep up with the bestsellers too. I usually watch The New York Times

One guy has almost taken over the top of the charts. Follow this link and you will see another author listed earlier in this post who is doing very well too.

The New York Times  - June 5th




I also like to see what is selling well in independent bookstores. Apparently a certain gentleman is doing well in the independent bookstores too?  I guess I need to read the #1 book. Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment